World Travel: Where is open to tourists and What is required?
|Map for fully vaccinated travellers (source: sherpa)|
52 countries are not required travellers with negative RCR result at the time of arrival
Dark Green: Travel is open; COVID-19 testing or quarantine is not required
Light Green: Test & Travel, open for travel with COVID-19 testing
Yellow: Testing & Quarantine, open for travel with COVID-19 testing and quarantine
Orange: Entry is restricted, travel is only for returning citizen and those meeting strict
COVID-19 testing can be costly for families to travel together. Some authorized labs may charge $100 - $150 per person. If you live in Canada, you may try Shopper or Superstore for $40 per person, however, it may not being an authorized lab by certain countries. As of October 15, 2021, the following countries are open to tourists and no COVID-19 testing or quarantine is not required:
- Costa Rica
- Vatican City
Strategy for Travel Without COVID-19 Test:
1. Book direct flights from your home country to avoid stop-over countries where COVID testing is required
2. Make specific travel plan with in-depth tours within that country
3. If you would like to visit multiple countries, try to fly using direct flights connecting these listed
countries above (For example, Mexico to Costa Rica, Spain to Belgium, Costa Rica to Columbia)
4. Book open jaw travel may save you more for international flights from your home country (e.g., Canada/USA to Mexico, then return from Costa Rica to Canada/USA).
Please note: no airport in Vatican City.
One way flight from Costa Rica to Mexico: $156 CAD including taxes for a 3-hour flight is very reasonable
Wed, Feb 23
Travel time: 2 hr 55 min
AviancaEconomyAirbus A319AV 632
Plane and crew by Avianca Costa Rica S.a.
- Average legroom (31 in)
- Carbon emissions estimate: 273 kg
Post a Comment