Italy is my favorite European country that I have ever been because of fascinating culture, friendly people, sumptuous food, beautiful scenery, rich history and great attractions. It has 55 UNESCO World Heritage Sites tied with China more than any other countries in the world. It was on top of my list when I visited Europe for the first time. I fell love in this beautiful country right away, especially Rome, Florence and Venice are so attractive. When I visit Italy, I can immerse myself in the fascinating culture that could be found in this beautiful country. With so much to see and look forward to, it is little wonder that Italy has become such a popular vacation destination for people worldwide.
1. When you visit Rome, buy 48 (€32) or 72 (€52) Hours Roma Pass during you visit (Super Value - Highly Recommended!), it includes attraction admission with fast entry and unlimited city transit.
2. When you visit Venice, buy ACTV (Venice's Bus and Boat System). Travel Cards are available for 1 Days (€20), 2 Day (€30), 3 Days (€40) and 7 Day (€60).
3. When you visit Turin, buy TURINO+PIEMONTE Card for 1, 2, 3 or 5 consecutive days, you will get unlimited city transit and free admission in the most important museums and exhibitions in Turin, in the castles, fortresses and Royal Residences in Pirmonte.
4. When you visit Cinque Terra, buy Cinque Terre Card:
CINQUE TERRE CARD PRICES (Euros) 2020
|Cinque Terre Card||1 day||2 days||1 day + Train||2 days + Train||3 days + Train|
|Adults (from 12 to 69 years)||7,50||14,50||16||29||41|
(from 4 to 12 years)
(2 adults + 2 children)
(max 25 persons)
5. When you visit Florence, stay close to Santa Maria Novella Train station. All major attractions, restaurants and shops are all in walking distance.
6. Try real Italian gelato, pizza, pasta, kiwi and peaches during your visit.
7. Take an Italo high speed train (a private company). It has very good service, nice modern train and good price.
8. Booking for high-speed trains opens 120 days ahead for lowest price. Trenitalia has dynamic airline-style pricing, so tickets will be much cheaper if booked in advance with a cheap Economy or Super-Economy advance-purchase fare.
9. Try the Chinese Buffet Zen Garden in Rome. Super delicious with large selections of fruits, meat, seafood or desserts. The price is very attractive only (€10 for all you can eat dinner buffet in 2013)
10. Try Dal Moro's for pasta in Venice. It is a great pasta takeout restaurant for only €5 - €7, you will have fresh delicious cooked pasta.
11. Book Museo e Galleria Borghese (amazing gallery in Rome) by telephone, otherwise, you won't be able to visit it. The phone call is for reservation only, no payment is needed.
12. Book Santa Maria delle Grazie (to see The Last Supper by Lenonardo da Vinci) by telephone or online prior to your visit. Santa Maria delle Grazie was fully booked for the day I planned to visit, but the church has extra spots for people to call only. After 20s attempts, I spoke to the staff and paid for the admission.
13. Put your passports and cash in hidden belt or wallet.
14. Must bring two items for your Italy vacations: Hat and Sun Glasses. I had beautiful sunny days for all my three Italian trips (February, May and September in various years).
15. When you visit Venice, clime up the tower at Piazza San Marco for stunning view of Venice. Similarly, when you visit Florence, visit Piazzale Michelangelo for stunning view of the whole city and major attractions.
16. Book Airbnb from the link below will save you $62 CAD/$43 USD/€41 instantly for your first stay anywhere around the world
1. Avoid distractions from people surrounding you to prevent robbery or stealing (e.g., robbery just right before train departure, drop currency on the ground - steal your wallet in your pant pocket from behind, steal your cell phone can pass their companion, etc.). Ask for help or call police!
2. Avoid eating on the outdoor stairs (city by-law) and now incurs a fine in Venice.
3. Watch your wallet and backpack at Metro stations in Rome and Milan. Don't hold cell phone in your hand.
4. Avoid buying phone cards on the street. Some of them do not work at all.
Trip Highlights (2013, 2017, 2019)
Beautiful The Royal Palace of Turin
Chinese Antique Collections at The Royal Palace of Turin
The Royal Palace of Turin
Post a Comment